Monday, March 16, 2009

You Are So Vain

On the subject of hair...If you find yourself in a halo vest and like me, are stuck on the high-maintenance track when it comes to hair, ie: color, highlights, cut etc., you will no doubt suffer a serious blow to your vanity. Except for the cut, none of the aforementioned is allowed while you are wearing the halo. You can`t get around this; it is seriously dangerous for infection to the pins, (and I have a few words to say about that subject a little later...).

I suppose you could cut your hair if you wanted, I just don`t know how you would do it. There`s just way too much "stuff" going on up there. I just piled my medium-length hair on top of my head and secured it with a clip. In my case, it was my roots that bothered me the most and I just tried to hide them as best I could. Nothing I did was going to make me look normal anyway, and it`s not like I had any pressing engagements on my social agenda...

Dressing is another issue. Since I wasn`t prepared to alter my clothes, the only tops I could wear were tanks and camis that I could pull up over my hips and underneath my vest. Over the vest, I wore my husband's zip-up hoodies. That`s it. I had no other options. Well except for pants, of course :). You want to keep the bottom half as comfortable as possible as you don't need anything to add to the discomfort and tightness of the vest. Make-up? You can, with a bit of maneuvering, but quite frankly nothing you put on your face is going to distract from the fact that your head is stuck in a metal cage and there are bolts in your forehead. Not to be negative or anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment